Technologies are constantly evolving, and it is fast-changing the dynamic of our business world. Retail business has not been able to shield itself either. As a retail manager, you would know how hard it can be to operate a shop.
Looking for Retail POS Software? Check out SoftwareSuggest’s list of the best Retail POS software solutions.
You need to constantly monitor to keep inventory in check, put together monthly sales reports, and many more for smooth running. Besides, the business landscape is becoming increasingly demanding and competitive. So how do you stay ahead in the game?
Whether you are a small or large-sized retail business, you need to adopt Point of Sale (POS) tools to stay competitive.
What is a Retail POS System?
A retail POS system is a software designed to streamline all your operational activities. The POS acts as a central component that integrates different activities like sales, inventory, and customer management into one for easy management.
One core benefit of using a retail POS system is that it lets you access your store’s back office from anywhere. You can safely store all the data about your business in the system. Some of the robust features of a retail POS system includes inventory management, CMR, purchase ordering, loyalty programs, eCommerce, and more.
Also, you need to know that not every POS software program is suitable for every business size or industry. You will find hundreds of vendors available on the market. However, the main trick lies in choosing the right POS system that will help in improving your retail strategy and maximizing profit.
To help, we reached out to the experts in the retail industry to find what they are using. This article lists the best POS system for retail.
10 Best POS System for Retail in USA
Square POS is one of the best POS systems for retail, a perfect choice for any small business that is looking for a low-cost system. It facilitates the smooth running of your store both online and offline with its robust features. The system offers advanced search tools for faster checkouts, provides easy return and exchange management, and stores customers’ information to build relationships with your shoppers.
However, its main strength lies in its inventory management utilities. It includes bulk importing, unlimited SKU count, custom printing, and real-time tracking. Besides, it comes with a free basic online store.
- Offers powerful reporting and analytic tools to compare your business performance level
- It is quite easy to set up and also has an intuitive interface
- Allow customers to make a purchase right from your Instagram page
- Free: for 30 days
- Paid: $60 per month
2. Shopify POS
Shopify POS is another best POS system for retail that keeps your business synced — whether you are selling online, offline, or both. Some of its features include inventory management, multi-channel selling support, secure payment options, and more. You can easily keep track of your inventory across all your channels and retail locations.
What’s more, Shopify POS can help you build strong customer relations by supporting discounts and promo codes. It lets you choose the shipping options when customers check out. Besides, it can seamlessly integrate with third-party apps like Quickbook, Xero, and more.
- Offers a mobile app for Shopify to access it on the go
- Has a user-friendly and intuitive dashboard to increase efficiency
- Has a dedicated support team that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week via email, live chat, and phone
- Basic Shopify: $29 per month
- Shopify: $79 per month
- Advanced Shopify: $299 per month
Lightspeed POS is a flexible and robust retail POS system, which is available at moderate pricing. It provides end-to-end solutions for inventory management, such as you can track unit costs and unused inventory. It also sends out low-stock alerts, and sell into the negatives.
What’s more, it enables retailers to import items or orders from pre-loaded catalogs. Not only that, but you can group items by type and add granular details, including size, style, and color. Its report generating tools are advanced as well. It can create reports on sales performance, inventory reports, profit margins, best-selling products, and more.
- Provides reliable and active customer service, available 24 hours a day and seven days a week
- Lets you access your Point of Sale from anywhere with any computing device
- Offers fast and secure transactions and accept all payment methods to speed up your checkout process
- Starts at $99 per month
Vend is a highly-responsive POS system that comes with an intuitive and beautifully designed dashboard. It makes the whole selling and checking out process faster so that the customers keep coming back to the store.
Besides, you can easily connect your brick and mortar store with your online store and keep your business in sync. You can then manage all your inventory and customer profiles from one place.
It doesn’t have in-built payment processing. However, Vend easily integrates with PayPal, Square, and Worldpay for payment processing. This cloud-based system is another best POS system for retail available in the market.
- Can be accessed from anywhere using devices — iPad, MAC and desktop
- Connects to all the latest hardware – receipt printers, barcode scanners, cash drawers
- Enables you to group products by color or size, split into units, or organize into bundles
- Lite: $99 per month
- Pro: $129 per month
- Enterprise: By request
ShopKeep is a cloud-based retail POS system, specially designed by keeping the needs of retailers, cafes, and specialty shops in mind. Some of its features include inventory management, staff management, reporting and analytics, and more.
You can easily update inventory in bulk, receive stock alerts when products are low, and manage details like product quantities, names, and prices.
Plus, it enables you to supervise all your employee’s activity from a single platform. It simplifies your work management, such as monitoring employee sales, attendance tracking, and more. And they even offer loyalty programs to help you retain your customers.
- Can be accessed on the go using a tablet
- Offers 24/7 customer support in case of any issues
- Suitable for sizes of businesses — small, medium, or large
- Quote on reques
What makes Springboard Retail the best POS system for retails is that it allows brands to harness the power of data and maximize your profits. It offers detailed customer insights by providing real-time foot traffic data.
Just like Vend, Springboard Retail doesn’t have an in-built payment processing system. Instead, retailers can integrate third-party processors into the system such as Clover, Worldpay, eConduit, and Bank of America.
Another best thing is that the system has advanced CRM and loyalty programs included, whereas other systems charge extra for these functionalities.
- It is browser-based — you can work on Mac, PC, or tablet
- Seamlessly integrates with third-party apps like QuickBooks, MailChimp, etc.
- Has an intuitive and user-friendly dashboard
- Plus: $99 per month
- Professional: $139 per month
- Enterprise: Get a quote
QuickBooks POS is one of the best POS systems for retail, especially for small businesses. It is a great POS option for those who use QuickBooks for bookkeeping because they integrate seamlessly without any extra fees.
The system offers a robust set of features, including inventory management, payment processing, and storing customer data. It lets you easily track your inventory and see what’s selling and what’s not with detailed sales and inventory reports.
- Operates on Windows systems and Microsoft Surface tablets
- Connects directly with QuickBooks Finance
- Customers can pay with debit cards, credit cards, cash, and more
- Basic: $1,200
- Pro: $ 1,700
- Multistore: $ 1,900
Clover Station is a versatile all-in-one system that can create custom orders quickly and accurately. This best POS system for retail is a synonym to speed and reliability as it takes care of various processing power to run your business faster. You can easily update inventory, take orders, manage your staff, and pull reports.
Besides, it restricts access to defined roles and responsibilities. It comes with fingerprint login for enhanced employee security, and every transaction is encrypted end-to-end to protect your data.
- It is cloud-based to let you access the system from anywhere
- Lets you create engaging loyalty programs within minutes
- Has a user-friendly and intuitive interface
- Retail: $1,399
Erply is a cloud-based POS system for retail that enables you to access the system from anywhere. You stay updated about your inventory stock in real-time, and it makes the checkout process faster to increase your sales.
Furthermore, it has robust reporting tools that can generate customized reports as per your requirements. It is one of the best POS systems for retail as it offers easy integration with e-commerce stores like Shopify and also has easy-to-integrate API kits.
- Can support over 15 languages
- Lets you easily import data from existing POS software
- Offers a high level of security to protect your business information
- POS without inventory: $39 per month
- Inventory online & offline: $69 per month
- Inventory + POS: $99 per month
- Enterprise: Contact vendor
Revel is a POS system for retail that streamlines the whole operation of both the stockroom and the storefront. What makes this the best POS system for retail is that it keeps your business up and running even during an Internet slow-down or outage. You can process card transactions even when the Internet is down to make sure that you never lose a sale.
Apart from inventory management, it also takes care of your staff management. You can easily manage your employee schedules, hours worked, and payroll on a centralized platform.
- Lets you access the system from anywhere with the Insights App
- Provide 24/7 customer support
- Has an intuitive and user-friendly interface
- Software: $99 per month
So that was it. Now all you need to do is identify your business needs and requirements first. And then, weigh your needs against each POS software to find the perfect fit for your company.
So let’s get started!