Online ordering has been a complete game-changer for the restaurant industry.
It’s hard to imagine a time when it did not exist. A study revealed that 70–80% of restaurant spending would be ‘off-premise.’
It means that they would be spending more in setting up efficient restaurant online ordering software for in-house online ordering and delivery systems.
But, What Is Restaurant Online Ordering Software?
As the name suggests, a restaurant online ordering software is a set of applications that enables customers to place their orders online.
Customers can refer to the menu online via their phone or laptop. When they place an order, the back-office team gets a notification. They forward the request to the cooking team, or the kitchen department can even receive the order directly.
The order contains full details — the time when the order was made and when the delivery person or customer will pick it up.
There are mainly two reasons why the online ordering business is on the rise — maximalism, and convenience.
In fact, online ordering has even become the main source of revenue for restaurants, overtaking business generated from dine-in customers.
In a recent survey by POS company Upserve, 60% of US customers reported that they order delivery at least once a week. And 31% use those services at least twice a week.
Choosing a restaurant online ordering software shouldn’t be hard for you.
To help, I have compiled a list of the top 15 online ordering systems for restaurants that you can consider using.
Best Online Ordering Software for Restaurants
A cloud-based restaurant ordering system, Ecwid is designed to simplify online orders for café, restaurants, food trucks, and more.
It allows your customers to place orders both from their laptops and mobile phones. If they want, they can even choose to pay you in-person.
Not only that, but it also has marketing tools to help you with automated emails with targeted offers. This will only result in increased interaction and more orders.
The best part is that it directly integrates with the Square POS system, streamlining the entire restaurant’s operational tasks.
- Wide range of 55+ payment providers including PayPal and Square
- Allows customers to schedule pick up times
- Flexible menu options allowing customers to add or substitute ingredients
- Intuitive interface
- Easy to set up and use
- User having trouble to connect it with Instagram
- Free plan available, paid plans can go up to Rs.5,000 per month.
USP: Using Ecwid, you can create a unique digital card for every customer. They can use it to purchase from the restaurant anytime in the future.
MenuDrive is one of the most preferred restaurants online ordering software because of its automated marketing tools.
With MenuDrive, all you need to do is send them your menu, logo, and product photos. They will automatically convert your menu into an online ordering site that will match your brand feel.
It combines online ordering and delivery, reporting and analytics, and other marketing tools at no upfront cost. Besides, it can be used by all sizes of restaurants — from small independent restaurants to large multi-location chains of all cuisines.
- Allows you to add an ‘Online Order’ button that hyperlinks to your online menu
- Helps you keep customer acquisition costs low with smart online marketing
- Enables you to promote your online store with coupons, loyalty, and marketing campaigns
- Highly flexible
- Business insights
- Users found the customer service poor
Its basic plan starts at $39 per month.
USP: Easy to implement and useMenuDrive allows your customers to place orders via desktop or mobile. And operators can choose to get orders via text, email, and dashboard — whatever they prefer.
Comeneat is an open-source online food ordering system that comes packed with many unique features. It provides a platform where customers can easily discover great food and get it delivered to their doorsteps.
This application is best suited for small- to- medium-sized restaurants. It also offers functionalities like SMS marketing, online reputation management, and GPRS integration.
- Customers can place orders from a Facebook page created for you
- Using simple code, add a Comeneat widget to your website
- Refer and earn features for customers
- Easy to set up
- Robust marketing tools
- Inactive customer service
Quote on request
USP: It helps with offer management, meaning it can provide offers to the customers based on percentage, prices, and validity for attracting more customers.
Looking for Online Food Ordering Software? Check out SoftwareSuggest’s list of the best online food ordering software solutions.
iMenu360 is a powerful online ordering software that comes with loaded features. It was created by a seasoned restaurateur who understood the operational issues owners have to deal with on a first-hand basis.
The best part is that it is quite easy to use with no new technology investment to be incurred.
Some of its top functionalities are business analytics, customer loyalty program management, coupons and promotions management, and more.
- No contracts required. Easy to implement and can be cancelled at any time
- TAP feature enables Tablet/Wi-Fi printer combination for online orders and functions even when the internet fails
- Orders go directly to POS
- Highly functional
- Intuitive interface
- Users found issues in registering with the application
Set up fees of $199, monthly fees $199 for unlimited orders
USP: iMenu360 has served a list of impressive clientele, including Philly’s Best, Pizza Hut Exchange, and more, that helps build trust.
Clorder offers a cloud solution for restaurant online ordering needs. What sets it apart from others is that it comes well-equipped with full-fledged marketing tools.
From helping you with web design to taking care of your online business management, you can rely on Clorder for it. They are well-known for their quality marketing and sales services that have helped many restaurants increase their revenue.
Some of these tools are social media marketing, internet marketing, email marketing, print media marketing, and more.
- Customers can order online via the website as well as Facebook
- Provides deep insights to help improve products and services
- Can manage local business listings for your restaurant
- POS support
- Rich interface
Annual, monthly, and pay-for-performance plans priced at $99, $119, and 12% of sales respectively.
USP: They have a team of SEO experts that helps their clients grow their online presence organically.
PlaceBag is one of the best online ordering software, which is designed and crafted by restaurant owners themselves.
It offers a solution that can be tailored to suit one’s needs. You can easily customize your restaurant brand look and feel — add a logo, colour scheme, pictures, and more.
And the best part is that restaurants can easily accept orders using the online ordering menu. You can integrate your bank account with the application and have the payment directly deposited into it. And most importantly, it works on all major platforms.
- Add it as a widget to your current website or use it as a standalone website
- Allows customers to place orders via Facebook
- Has an active customer service team in place
- Optimized for all screen sizes
- Supports multiple currencies
Quote on request
USP: Placebag can integrate with a host of POS solutions, including Aldelo, Lavu, Focus, Speedline, and more.
Delivery.com is a popular platform for finding restaurants in your neighborhood. By listing your restaurant on Delivery, you can increase your customer base and get discovered easily.
It already has a strong community of customers, from which you can acquire new customers. And to your surprise, Delivery promotes your brand as their own through online and outdoor advertising.
Moreover, it enables your customers to earn points whenever they place an order with you, which can be redeemed for the next purchase.
- Has strategic partnerships with Google and Yelp that send more customers your way
- Compatible with both Apple and Google play store
- Enables consumers to browse by city, cuisine, and more, for easy discovery
- Delivery point system
- Responsive UI/UX design
- Competition with other listed restaurants
Pay only for orders they send you.
USP: Delivery.com deals in multiple verticals, including wine, groceries, and office essentials, along with food.
ChowNow works with every format that the millennial customer is likely to use without you having to worry about any commission fees.
It allows customers to order food directly from your website, social media profiles, and custom-built food ordering apps.
Besides, it offers marketing assistance. It has a team of experts who help restaurants to design successful marketing campaigns to drive more orders. It gives you access to valuable data to help you know your customers better than ever.
- Has active customer support, reachable at any time
- Can accept orders and set ready times through your tablet
- Puts your restaurant on the Google map
- Helps with customer acquisition
- Quick response time
- The interface can be improved
Monthly, annual and two-year plans from $99 per month to $149 per month
USP: ChowNow can be accessed from the mobile phone, thus managers can easily update menus on-the-go.
GloriaFood was one of the first free, open-source restaurant online ordering software. Even though it’s free, it comes with all the usual features found in regular online ordering systems.
First of all, it helps you build an online ordering website within seconds. You don’t need to have any coding skills. Besides, it makes sure that the site is optimized to increase sales.
What’s more, it places the ‘See Menu & Order’ & ‘Table Reservation’ button at an easy-to-spot place to get more clients to buy from you.
- Orders can be taken on your smartphone. No additional devices required
- Enables customers to select multiple locations for deliveries
- Allows you to create and customize digital menus
- No commission for placing orders
- Tech support is good
- Doesn’t support restaurant POS
The plan is completely free.
USP:You can install GloriaFood on your mobile devices and tablets to access on-the-go. It is compatible with both Android and iOS.
Upserve is a full-service restaurant management software that can also be suited for bars, wineries, bakeries, and cafes.
It is one of the best online ordering tools as it offers a complete set of features, including payment processing, point-of-sale, and valuable insights to help boost margins.
The system is easy to install and use. Besides, you can add modifiers, customize menus, and fire orders with just one click.
- Customers can place their orders up to 7 days in advance
- The Upserve POS automatically gathers insights about online customers
- Cross-platform customer support that does not make you talk to robots
- 24*7 customer support
- Users reported system crash
It has three packages: Core, Pro, and ProPlus packages starting at $59 going up to $359.
USP: Upserve converts data into deep insights and helps you identify opportunities, thereby improving sales, increasing guest retention, and managing costs in real-time.
Restolabs is a powerful solution for your restaurant online ordering needs. It comes with a comprehensive suite of features that enables you to quickly set up menus and leverage more customers through their inbuilt marketing tools.
What’s important is that it allows managers to handle incoming orders on-the-go. In fact, they can even make changes to the menu by accessing it on the fly.
- Takes only just an hour to set up your restaurant
- Offers Loyalty and Coupons modules to help retain customers
- Can reach out to us any time of the day or week for assistance
- Easy order management
- Multiple language support
The basic plan starts at ₹2500 per month per store.
USP: Restolabs provides you with deep insights to help you create successful marketing strategies.
RestroApp is an affordable and scalable restaurant online ordering software that enables you to create your own mobile food ordering app.
It can be rightfully called a feature-rich solution that empowers restaurants to create a niche for themselves. Some of its robust functionalities are menu management, loyalty program, refer and earn, and more.
- Can send personalized notifications for offers and new introductions
- Helps gain deep customer insights with reports to make smart decisions
- Easily manage your app on-the-go
- Standalone admin app
- Powerful reporting tools
They offer three packages starting at ₹800 per month and can go as high as ₹3500 per month.
USP: RestroApp makes it easy to manage multiple outlets from a single app. You can manage stock, staff, and customers from a centralized platform.
Ordering.co is a robust restaurant online ordering software that lets you build a website in less than a day. It supports all business models and a perfect platform to handle all your online order and delivery needs.
With its Delivery Dashboard, you can keep tabs on all the orders. In fact, you can also track the driver’s movement in real-time.
In short, Ordering.co ensures that you run your restaurant smoothly.
- Allows you to control all incoming orders and aspects like menus, delivery zones, etc.
- Enables you to customize the app to give your brand look and feel
- Integrates with popular payment gateways — PayPal & Stripe
- Can manage multiple stores
- Real-time tracking
- 24*7 customer service is missing
Quote on request
USP: Ordering.co supports multiple languages to cater to wider audiences.
DoorDash offers a platform for your restaurant to get discovered to a wide range of audiences.
Besides, it comes with full-fledged marketing tools that can help you increase awareness and build your brand presence. It makes online menus searchable through Google and delivers the orders outside your neighborhoods.
It provides delivery service up to 25 miles, a great opportunity to expand your customer reach.
- Suitable for all sizes of businesses
- Offers weekly reporting data in a secure dashboard
- Provides deep insights on promotion performance & ROI
- Rich interface
- Good customer service reputation
- Customers think deliver fee is high
Quote on request
USP: They have a strong Dasher network to fulfill your delivery orders within 37 minutes on average.
With the rising popularity of smartphones, online ordering is here to stay.
By implementing an online ordering solution, restaurant owners can facilitate a seamless online ordering experience for their customers and make it a pleasurable one.
Also, it’s important to know that not every software is suited for all types of businesses. That’s why you should choose one after evaluating your business-specific needs.
If you need any assistance in the selection of restaurant online ordering software, feel free to reach us.