With the growing scope of technology, most of our conversations were already made via virtual means.
However, recently the trend has seen a drastic upward shift due to the growing panic caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Now work from home options is just not an option; instead, it is the only way out to survive.
Looking for Video Conferencing Software? Check out SoftwareSuggest’s list of the Video Conferencing Software solutions.
Thus, if you own a business or head of a multinational organization, are stuck in similar circumstances, using a reliable virtual meeting software is of utmost priority. And that’s why we bring you a list of 10 best virtual meeting software solutions which can act as a roadmap to increase your overall productivity.
10 Best Virtual Meeting Software
Looking for software that supports instant messaging, HD video calling, group conferencing, screen sharing, and a lot more? Google Hangouts, which is a part of Google’s exclusive G Suite, is the best one-stop-shop virtual meeting software available in the markets. This smart communication platform, which is designed by Google, is mobile friendly and versatile for both Android and iOS phones.
Also, recently, Google’s Hangout Meet got a new name – Google Meet, which is designed to empower remote working professionals and help them to stay connected.
Why do we love Google Hangouts?
- Comes with in-built Hangouts Meet video conferencing option
- Share files, us Google Docs, sheets, etc. directly via Google Hangout
- Supports booking meetings, participate in polls, request time off
- Options like intelligent muting, built-in screen sharing, hangout on air, etc.
2. Microsoft Teams
If your organization utilizes Office 365, then Microsoft Teams is the best platform for remote work collaboration. Microsoft Teams provide a central platform for having team conversations, video conferencing, file sharing, and much more. It is easy to use and secure. One can connect with up to 250 members at once in a video chat and accommodate up to 10,000 members.
Why do we love Microsoft Teams?
- Connect with your team as you do in office space because it offers HD quality audio and video.
- Join meetings and collaborate from anywhere remotely.
- Chat with team members individually or collectively as you like and stay in touch.
- No threat of sharing important files and images as it is packed with enterprise-level security file-sharing options.
- Customize notifications or search within chats and set your rules.
3. Zoom Meeting
Zoom Meeting is an award-winning video conferencing and collaboration application. Over 2,00,000 businesses use it since it is easy to work with and allows you to connect with anyone anywhere. It has the best HD video and audio capabilities that no other software can beat. Using this app, one can collaborate via screen sharing, record the meetings, and at the same time, generate the transcripts as well. Another exciting part of the software is that it easily integrates with multiple software such as Outlook, Gmail, etc.
Why do we love the Zoom Meeting?
- Schedule and start meetings within a few steps.
- Ability to record essential meetings and have transcripts.
- Screen sharing simultaneously, such as sharing photos, web and Google Drive, Dropbox, or Box files.
- Option to set your availability status and check the same of other team members.
As the name suggests, GoToMeeting is a cloud-hosted software which is designed to resolve your web conferencing problems. From getting in touch with your team to connecting with international clients for a joint meeting, GoToMeeting is user-friendly, economical, and fast-pacing software. Also, the app is backed by several third-party integrations and gets support from platforms like Slack, Podio, Accord, Zapier, LMS, Microsoft Office 365, etc.
Why do we love GoToMeeting?
- It is compatible with every kind of mobile device, including iOS, Macbook, PC, and Android.
- Clubs several useful business conferencing options as it has a virtual whiteboard, meeting scheduler, private meeting room, one-click meeting options, etc.
- It is easy to use, and affordable web and video conferencing software, and is apt for offering reliable client support.
- Drawing tools, HD faces video conferencing, desktop or application sharing, are some of its key USPs.
Skype needs no introduction as it is commanding the VoIP market since 2003. It is a popular tool and bundles a lot of features supporting virtual meetings. It is designed to support video chats, web texting, international calling, and group calling.
Why do we love Skype?
- It is rated among the leading communication software and the most popular remote work software.
- It supports online meetings for 250 people.
- Highly secured with enhanced authentication and encryption options
- It offers enterprise-level technical support
- It is suitable for all types of businesses, including small scale, large enterprise, start-ups, and even freelancers.
6. Cisco Webex
Webex was developed by the global leader Cisco. It is known that Cisco Webex delivers over 6 billion meetings per month. One can join and conduct meetings and training sessions from anywhere in the world. It is one of the popular audio and video conferencing collaborative tools.
Why do we love Cisco Webex?
- Multiple feed screen sharing and viewing modes
- Virtual whiteboard for better brainstorming
- Record meetings and playback the recordings when necessary
- Seamless integration with calendar or a widget
- Hands-free voice commands
Join.me is a versatile and easy to use program available on laptops, tablets, and smartphones. It allows up to 10 individuals to view each other’s screen instantly and collaborate for brainstorming etc. It is ranked #1 for its easy to use interface, speed, and reliability. It facilitated over 30 million meetings last year.
Why do we love Join.me?
- One can set personal & background image along with a personal link
- Utilize swapping presenters in meetings
- Use meeting lock for extended security
- Zoom in & out of the shared screen
Pexip is a high-scale and most efficient virtual conferencing software which is designed to meet industry standards. This flexible software allows its users to make the most out of the app without depending upon any additional software licenses and dedicated hardware.
Why do we love Pexip?
- It has intelligent conference management that helps the participants even during the endpoint-based packet loss recovery.
- It offers a virtual meeting space enhancing the quality of lecture-style conferencing.
- It supports routing of calls to some of the external virtual conferencing hosts like Microsoft Teams, Skype, and Google Hangout Meets.
- It gives you an option to lock the meeting room so that no other participant can join the meeting
If you are looking for a virtual meeting software that can add productivity to your day to day business operations, then BlueJeans is a feasible option. This multi-party video meeting software is a perfect option when you are planning for virtual meetings or training. Its global cloud services make it more reliable, flexible, and secure.
Why do we love BlueJeans?
- It allows recording of your meetings to help you stay well documented.
- Meetings are confidential, all thanks to options like Firewall / NAT traversal, Service Organization Controls (SOC), encryption, and IP VPN deployment support.
- It has a fantastic screen sharing feature, which ensures a better understanding of the conversations.
- Using the Chrome plug-in option, you can easily integrate the app with Google Calendar.
ClickMeeting is a webinar platform that combines collaboration, rich media, and branding. It helps webinars organizers at every step from organizing the webinar to delivering the webinar. One can send a customized invitation, registration, and webinar rebranding. It is easy to set up and manage.
Why do we love ClickMeeting?
- Enables a text chat during a webinar
- Seamless integration with Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google Calendar, HubSpot, and Gmail, etc.
- One can present global webinars with high impact videos
- Automatic translation in moderated and private chats
- Lock and unlock webinar room’s access
The End Note
Virtual meetings are essential for teamwork and collaboration in remote work as the team members can feel isolated, which may hamper their productivity. Thus, these powerful collaboration tools come in handy for combating crisis in a situation like the COVID-19 pandemic. One can choose any of the platforms mentioned above for having seamless virtual meetings based on the size of their organization, the budget allocated, and business requirements. No matter the case, these video conferencing software help in meeting the needs of remote collaborative work and thereby, increasing the productivity of teams.