The new-age customer is more likely to pay invoices online. Also, sending the invoice on the same day increases the chances of getting proper compensation. It, therefore, literally pays to invest in adequate billing and invoicing software, even if yours is a small business. They reduce manual entries, enhance accounting accuracy and save cost in the long run.
The billing and invoicing needs of small businesses may differ from those of large enterprises. Fortunately, there are a variety of invoice billing software solutions, that have been created especially for SMBs.
Here’s how they can help small business owners:
- Build and customize professional-looking invoices
- Automate recurring billing and invoicing tasks
- Track and monitor invoices and payments and also follow up with customers
- Use mobile apps to manage billing and invoicing on the go
- Enhance decision-making with real-time information and built-in tools for reporting and analytics
- Manage multiple currencies and languages
Here are some of the best billing software that is available in India currently.
Top 11 Billing & Invoicing Software In India
1. Zoho Invoice
Zoho Invoice is generally preferred by small to medium businesses and even proprietors looking to create and manage personalized invoices. Using a single platform, Zoho Invoice can effectively manage and monitor invoices, and share them with customers.
- Template Customization: Choose from a wide range of fully customizable templates
- Workflow Automation: Automate tedious recurring tasks related to monitoring and tracking invoices
- Secure Collaboration: The client portal allows you to interact with clients in real-time instead of exchanging lengthy emails
- Forever Free Plan: Free
- Basic: INR 2499 per year
- Standard: INR 9999 per year
- Professional: INR 19999 per year
FreshBooks is widely acknowledged as one of the best cloud solutions for small business owners. It is popular among businesses for streamlining client invoicing and time tracking processes. They are packed with features that are priced reasonably for small businesses. The new version has an improved search filter, enables invoice conversations, and multi-currency expenses.
- Organized in the cloud: Since it is cloud-based, you can access information securely from your computer, phone or tablet.
- Run your business from anywhere: It has an extremely sophisticated mobile app, compatible with both Android and iOS.
- Connect with leading apps in the industry: It connects with leading apps in the industry such as Shopify, Gusto, and Fundbox, to name a few.
- Lite: $15 per month
- Plus: $25 per month
- Premium: $50 per month
- Select: Custom pricing for more than 500 billable clients
3. Medicin ERP
Medicin ERP is fully automated software, helping to reduce the pharmacist’s burden and increase revenue.
It helps pharmacists to manage pharmacy effectively along with the purchase, purchase return, sales, sales return, customers, and overall business.
It has its mobile application, which runs on both Android and iOS devices. It allows users to manage their business activities remotely.
- Inventory Management
Medicin assists pharmacists and medical shop owners in acknowledging the difficulties when it comes to tracking and managing their inventory
- Cloud-Based Data Access
Medicine preserves all records that users need to access quickly and efficiently whenever and wherever they want.
- Custom Relationship
Medicin helps pharmacists and store owners in retaining customers.
- Billing and Accounting
The features of Medicin simplify the billing and accounting operations of pharmacy businesses.
It comes in two versions:
- Classic version: ₹28000 (Single license)
- Basic version: ₹18000 (Single license)
- Free Trial: Yes
4. Tally.ERP 9
Tally.ERP 9 is a highly reputable, stable and capable accounting software in India. Regarded as one of the best billing software in India, it is used by over 11 lakh businesses. It offers comprehensive business functionalities such as Finance, Accounting, Inventory, Sales, Purchase, and Branch Management along with capabilities like Statutory Processes, excise, etc.
- GST-ready: It factors in all GST related statutory changes as and when required to minimize the rejection of your GST returns.
- Bank Reconciliation: There is no need for manual reconciliation with banking transactions. It is completely automated to save time and reduce errors.
- Easy to operate: Professionals skilled in managing this platform are easy to find.
- Easy to customize: This platform is highly customizable to suit the requirements of small businesses in India.
- Silver: INR 18000
- Gold: INR 54000
Looking for Invoicing and Billing Software? Check out SoftwareSuggest’s list of the best invoicing and billing software solutions.
ProfitsBooks is a powerful billing system for the service industry that aims not just to record transactions but show you how to make more profit. It is perfect for people who want to manage money with any knowledge of Accounting. It is effortless to use.
- Time-saving features: Create and manage unlimited invoices and payments in multiple currencies.
- Custom fields for invoices: You can add custom fields to the invoice to capture details specific to your business.
- Take better decisions: Detailed and insightful sales reports can also be generated to facilitate better decision-making.
- Help and support: With in-app chat support available in three languages and for six days a week, a complete support center, YouTube channel, daily webinars, and business blogs, they have got you covered in terms of help and support.
- INR 2499 onwards.
QuickBooks allows you to create, send and track GST-compliant invoices from any device with ease. It enables you to prepare GST-compliant invoices with just a few clicks and has capabilities such as Payment Reminder to ensure that you get paid on time. They are highly effective as billing software for retail shops.
- Track business performance: With customizable reports and dashboards, one can quickly see how the business is performing.
- Connect your bank: Import daily transactions to QuickBooks, so that expenses and incomes match with bank transactions.
- Unlimited support: Support is free, readily available and prompt.
- INR 1500 per year
ZipBooks does not just monitor and track billing; it also gives you feedback as you go. Customizable as per the needs of the business, one can choose regular invoicing, or even set up a subscription billing.
- Feedback: Based on research from over 2,00,000+ invoices, ZipBooks will give you an Invoice Quality Score and will let you know how to make your invoices better.
- Shorter payout times: Funds usually lie with the merchant account provider for several days and then take even more days to get transferred to your account. Trusted ZipBookers will enjoy the privilege of getting those payout times shortened to two days.
- Pass-through expenses: Suppose you incur a loss on behalf of a client. In ZipBooks, such costs will show up in your list of transactions and will give you an option to add it to the customer’s invoice and make necessary adjustments when it is raised next.
- INR 4999 per year
Giddh aims to provide an invoicing system that is simple, accurate and prompt. It is a GST-compliant automated solution that is easy to use and requires minimal human intervention, leaving you to focus on your main business activities.
- Instant updates to stakeholders: It can manage accounts and share related information with key stakeholders.
- Secure Stakeholder Communication: Any information communicated to stakeholders is via a safe link which is active for 24 hours.
- Lock your invoices: It makes your invoices immune to unwanted tampering with its unique locking feature that prevents them from being deleted or edited once they have been finalized.
- INR 4000 a year
- Start-ups with revenue less than 12 lacs a year: Free
- Start-ups with a revenue of 12 lacs and above: INR 800 per year
For someone not from an Accounting background, understanding GST and creating invoices can be a challenge. GoGSTBill will help you prepare invoices in a format that is best suited for GST.
- Specialized in GST: GST is a relatively new introduction into the fold of the Indian economy. Since it is a new concept, small business owners are still trying to get the hang of it. Since this invoice billing software specializes in GST invoicing, it has emerged as a helpful and reliable tool.
- Free of cost: It has an online version with basic capabilities that is available free of charge.
- Basic: Free
- Premium: INR 999 (1 year), INR 1,999 (3 years)
- Offline: INR 6000-INR 10000
10. Reach Accountant
Reach Accounting Software includes modules not just for Accounting but also for Point of Sale (POS) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Users can track every aspect of the business on-the-go. It can generate invoices and has a currency converter and also a payment gateway that allows payments via PayPal.
GST software: Reach has a specific GST software that can help small business owners raise GST invoices and can reconcile and file GST returns. There are no additional charges for this feature. You will only require paying to file GST returns.
Broader scope: Apart from invoicing, freelancers, contractors, and small business owners can also manage customers, inventories and projects using Reach.
- Bronze: Free
- Silver: INR 6000
- Gold: INR 18000
Invoicera takes into account that the invoicing needs of small businesses, enterprises, and freelancers differ from each other. It recognizes that there is no point in overloading a small business owner with invoicing features that would not be of any use.
- Online invoicing and billing: Invoicera is an entirely online, cloud-based software, that allows you to manage clients, vendors, invoicing, accounting adjustments on-the-go and streamlines billing and invoicing-related tasks.
- Real-time information: The system updates itself on a real-time basis so that the newest information can be available on one’s fingertips in any part of the world and decisions can be taken quickly.
- Get paid faster: Invoicera is a widely-used online software and supports over 30 payment gateways,
- Subscription billing made easy: It is an excellent subscription billing software with a custom workflow management that will take care of all recurring bills easily.
- Starter: Free
- Pro: INR 18999 per year
As a small business owner, you have a much better shot at maintaining a healthy cash flow with the help of an invoicing and billing software. They are way more intuitive and accurate than an Excel spreadsheet. They mitigate silly accounting mistakes. Any of the above products would make a great billing software solution for a small business.