We live in a knowledge economy, and in such an environment, individuals must learn new 21st-century life skills! It could be one of the reasons for the worldwide surge in popularity of online math and coding classes for children.
With tons of options available in the online market, narrowing down choices and investing in the best real-time math and coding classes for your young kids is often a daunting task. Well, let’s bring the spotlight on Cuemath – the world’s leading live class platform for online math and coding classes.
Read on to know more about Cuemath’s award-winning curriculum and what makes the company stand apart from other education tech companies.
Introduction To Cuemath
Cuemath is an after-school online math and coding program for kindergarten to 12th-grade students, founded in 2013. The company is headquartered in Bengaluru, India, and has a growing student base of over 2,00,000 learners spread across 20+ countries.
Supported by CapitalG (earlier Google Capital), Cuemath aims at an active teaching approach that makes children problem solvers. STEM.org accredits the Cuemath math and coding curriculum, and the “why” behind concepts and personalized learning plans have been appreciated by their team of professional educators and parents alike. It is highly visual, logical, and compliant with the common core and national curriculum.
Cuemath has been recognized as one of the world’s top 50 education companies at the Global Forum for Education and Learning (GFEL) 2019 in Dubai. Let’s dive deeper and learn more about Cuemath’s core offerings to know why it is an excellent investment for young learners across the globe.
1. Math Program
With a mission to make every child great in math, Cuemath provides rich opportunities to students to understand how math works by actively solving problems. The curriculum is customized for students according to their proficiency and follows a hands-on approach to encourage learners to understand complex mathematical concepts.
With Cuemath, you can be assured that each learner gets individualized attention with a maximum of 6 students per class. It also provides individual sessions for students as per their convenience and learning requirements.
The curriculum is well-organized, and users need to choose their grades as they log into the system. The 360-degree curriculum provides a strong foundation for:
- School Math: This covers all the concepts in school math. It follows a learn-by-doing approach through interactive simulations and personalized problem sets.
- Mental Math: Daily calculation practice is a must – this module improves speed and accuracy through a gamified practice system.
- Practical Math: With a real-world approach, practical math enables students to see math in the world around them for practical applications.
- Competitive Math: This module includes advanced math concepts where students can work on out-of-school syllabus topics to prepare for competitive examinations like IMO and SAT.
Undoubtedly, Cuemath’s math program is a great learning tool for students interested in honing their math skills. Some of its core functionalities include:
- Math Worksheets: Cuemath delivers content through math worksheets that are curated for different topics and grades. These worksheets enable students to learn visually, recognize their mistakes, and sharpen strategic problem-solving skills.
Cuemath worksheets aim to provide an engaging experience where the student works actively rather than passively consuming video and audio content. There are various learning, subjective, revision, practice, and advanced learning worksheets to practice and learn. The worksheets are available online, making it flexible for learners to practice at their own pace.
Students can check their scores for each topic to improve their speed and accuracy. Teachers can check the basic concepts of students through a readiness test so that they know the level of the learner and can give them appropriate worksheets to revise concepts. The system is adaptive enough to know which sheets the student will require according to their readiness level. Since children learn more through experiential activities, these hands-on worksheets are a great way to help them revise and remember life-long math concepts.
- Math Puzzles: At Cuemath, the focus remains on enhancing thinking power by allowing young learners to flex their brain muscles! Puzzles are the best tool to implement this philosophy as they promote reasoning skills and logical thinking.
Cuemath has a vast repository of various puzzles, including brain teasers, riddles, picture puzzles, logic puzzles, crossword puzzles, and geometry puzzles. These interactive puzzles created for kids in grades 1 to 8 provide visual stimulation that helps learners develop different approaches to particular problems.
Some significant benefits that Cuemath delivers by encouraging students to solve online math puzzles include:
- Helps in analytical thinking by enabling students to understand the ‘why’ behind the ‘what.’
- Increases engagement level and develops an interest in mathematics.
- Develops reasoning skills to make a child into a logical problem solver.
- Enables brain development by encouraging children to relate math to practical, real-life situations.
- Ask The Teacher: One of Cuemath’s most significant strengths is the trained educator community. The teachers are well-trained, highly skilled, and dedicated to providing an exceptional learning environment.
Students can communicate and discuss problems with teachers at any time during a math class. The student needs to click on an ‘Ask The Teacher’ tab, and the teacher instantly receives a notification to connect with the learner. Teachers and students can brainstorm on a real-time whiteboard where it becomes easy to understand complex math concepts visually. Students and teachers can interact on the whiteboard by clicking and dragging visual elements for various math problems.
- Practice Questions: Mastering excellence in math is all about practice and more practice! Cuemath enables teachers to provide practice questions to learners to help them develop cognitive skills by recalling concepts. Practice worksheets can be given to students to solve in the online classroom, or they can complete the assignment as a homework exercise to reinforce critical topics.
- Math Olympiad Training: Cuemath can help young learners prepare for the International Math Olympiad by providing topic-wise worksheets, mock tests, and regular doubt-clearing exercises. As the only Google-funded education company in India, Cuemath focuses on students learning math through reasoning, not memorization, which is why so many of their learners crack the Math Olympiad every year!
- NCERT Solutions: Cuemath answers all questions present in the NCERT math textbook from grades 6 to 12. The step-by-step explanations make it easy for students to gain an in-depth understanding of each topic. It effectively helps score more in school examinations and develops a strong foundation for competitive exams like SAT, JEE, and the Maths Olympiad.
2. Coding Program
Coding is the most critical and influential skill of today’s time. With technology driving the world, learning to code has become an undeniable necessity. It becomes essential to actively involve the young minds to adapt, advance, and contribute to the techno-revolution.
Children, being in the growing stage, are more likely to learn any new skill-set faster. Hence, with conscious effort, they can learn the languages that rule the digital era.
The world of coding in Cuemath has unmatchable nuances that make the experience incredibly valuable for the kids. It is curated with in-depth research and structured analysis to make learning engaging, informative, and fun!
With multiple interests in mind, Cuemath offers Coding with the following tracks:
- Game Development – Block-Based Language (For Grades 1 to 3)
- Python – Text-Based Language (For Grades 7 to 12)
Every child is unique, talented, and incredible in their way. Hence, coding at Cuemath encourages them to learn by doing at a customized pace.
An expert facilitator backs children to guide them throughout this learning path. There are also courses on artificial intelligence and machine learning where technology is presented through gamification through fun, age-appropriate learning experiences.
The programs incorporate the multi-dimensional aspects of learning via engaging LIVE online classes. Moreover, the free play activities, challenging projects, and timely assessments curated by experts also prove to be incredible milestones for the learners. They not only ensure strengthening the conceptual clarity but also help in tracking progress and boosting sustainable growth. Achieving the highest potential indeed becomes easier with that.
The proprietary Leap platform also enhances the Python learning experience. An inbuilt, integrated compiler enables the students and teachers to collaborate in real-time, making the classes more engaging, interesting, and inspiring. The inbuilt Python Compiler helps the learners practice coding during and after the classes.
Learning to code is like learning a skill. It requires dedication and empathy. Cuemath coding aims to help kids develop a mindset for problem-solving with coding. Rigorous practice, learning by doing, and mastery over concepts are the fundamental values of Cuemath’s curriculum.
Cuemath is honored to be the official partner of Google for Education. The coding curriculum is adapted from Google for Education, and the collaboration has also successfully yielded an add-on, free program called “Be Internet Awesome.” This course walks the learners through internet safety measures with a structured approach to become confident digital navigators.
The Final Verdict
If you are looking for online math and coding classes for young learners, go right ahead with Cuemath! A user-friendly interface, structured curriculum, and highly trained educators make Cuemath the best math and coding program to help students outperform in school and real-time applications.
Cuemath receives a perfect ten score – try a free class to know why it is the world’s leading LIVE-class platform for math and coding skills!