Let’s agree on one thing. Writing is not a skill that comes naturally to everyone. While some find it easier to gather their thoughts into articulated sentences with utmost ease, others might struggle to even get their ideas down onto the paper, let alone possessing excellent writing skills.
Performance of a blog majorly depends on first impression. Blogs with spelling mistakes and grammatical errors tend to have negative impact on readers mind. If you are not good at content writing you should try hiring a professional with excellent writing skills.
However, fortunately, technology has come far enough to make writing a much easier task for everyone. Today, there are software solutions that can autocomplete your sentences, edit your writing, and improve your style. In other words, these tools can make writing simpler, and even enjoyable.
If you are interested in upgrading your writing routine with the help of an online tool, then these software solutions might be worth a try.
Best Software Solutions for Excellent Writing
1. ProWritingAid – Editing Software
ProWritingAid is one of the most popular editing tools available online. It can adapt to any writing style you choose and improve it by checking the spelling, grammar, and readability in real-time.
The software will not only help point out any embarrassing errors but will also help you improve your vocabulary by suggesting alternatives. The tool can be downloaded as an independent software or can be integrated with your browser to use online. More importantly, ProWritingAid allows you to customize your specific needs to create your own writing style.
Top Features of ProWritingAid
- Grammar, spelling, and readability improvements
- 20 in-depth writing reports
- Explanatory videos and tutorials
- Integrates with MS Word/Outlook, Google Docs, Scrivener, Open Office, and Final Draft
- Browser integrations with Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari
- Free version available
- $20 per month
- $70 per year
- $399 for a lifetime plan
2. Scrivener – Word Processor
For those who take writing seriously, then in all likeliness, you are going to get addicted to Scrivener. This software is apt for all kinds of writers out there. Whether you are students working with hired essay writer, academics working on dissertations, or screenwriters creating a draft of a storyline – the platform can accommodate all your writing needs.
The platform will provide you with every feature you need to make your writing journey more comfortable. However, compared to other tools – Scrivener is not entirely focused on improving your writing. Rather, you will have an intuitive interface where you can outline your writing, work in drafts, and even conduct research without even having to switch to another window.
Top Features of Scrivener
- Work in drafts
- Write, research, and arrange as you need
- Familiar text editor with all basic formatting
- Add comments and annotations to your writing
- Make lists, add images and insert tables
- Import, export, and publish to different formats
- Set goals and monitor your progress
- Full license available at $53.00
- Educational license available for students at $45.05
3. Grammarly – Editing Software
In a short time, Grammarly has evolved to become one of the essentials to have in the toolkit of a writer. Much like ProWritingAid, Grammarly can analyze your writing and suggest improvements. In comparison, Grammarly is also more intuitive.
As a writer, you can set the kind of audience you are writing for, the tone you want to maintain, and the style of your content. The software will automatically make recommendations that will appeal to your respective audience. The program also comes integrated with a Plagiarism tool.
Top Features of Grammarly
- Check for correctness, grammar, and clarity.
- Improve the tone of delivery
- Customize the requirements for each document
- In-built plagiarism checker
- Integrations with browsers, emails, messages, and social media networks
- Free version accessible with limited features
- Premium plan available at $30 per month or $144 annually
4. IA Writer – Plain Text Editor
There are those who love the embellishments of several writing tools, and then there are those who want an utterly minimal interface to focus on while writing. If you are the latter, then look no further than IA Writer as your go-to writing software.
The program offers you a focus mode and will highlight only when you are writing at the moment – by fading away everything else. This can be a particularly beneficial feature if you are working on a creative writing project.
Top Features of IA Write
- Minimalist writing app
- Available in Windows, Mac, and Android
- Style check
- Back up in the cloud
- Import/export to multiple formats
- Direct upload to platforms such as Ghost and Medium
IA Writer Pricing
- $29.99 one-time payment
5. Dynalist – Outlining Software
It is said that the best way to approach any type of writing is to start with an outline. If you want to adopt this method to improve your writing, Dynalist can be the perfect app for your needs. This software lets you create unlimited lists of outlines and add an extensive array of information to them. In addition, you can also use this tool to keep a tab of your upcoming deadlines and writing projects.
The software is entirely interactive – meaning it is searchable with dates and checklists. You can freely organize your thoughts and arrange them using multiple sorting options. You can even link outlines to other documents so that you can keep them connected to your research or drafts.
Top Features of Dynalist
- Set due dates for outlines
- Work with checklists
- Google Calendar Sync
- Organize using tags, color codes, and item finder
- Attach files and links
- Free version available
- Premium version at $9.99 per month
6. Hemingway Editor – Editing Software
Hemingway Editor is designed on ‘Readability’ that helps make a piece of writing more understandable across a wide spectrum of audiences. You can use the tool to write from scratch or check the document once completed.
Hemingway will immediately give you a grade score which will tell you the lowest education needed to understand what you have written. This tool might be more suitable for bloggers and fictional writers rather than academics.
Top Features of Hemingway Editor
- Write and edit modes available
- Basic text formatting
- Clear indications for the use of adverbs and passive voices
Hemingway Editor Pricing
- Available for free across all browsers
7. Ginger – Editing Software
Ginger can be considered as an alternative to Grammarly. This AI-powered writing assistant will help you understand which parts of your writing need to be edited to make it sound more suave and concise. The software will correct your tests, improve your writing style, and over time, help boost your creativity as well.
Ginger also has an in-built translate function that functions automatically. If you’re not 100% confident about your English language skills, then this feature can come in handy to avoid any obvious mistakes.
Top Features of Ginger
- Ai-powered grammar checker
- Sentence rephrasing for improved readability
- In-built translator
- Smart alternatives to suit your creativity and style
- Free version available
- $13.99 per month
- $167 per year
Summing it up
As you can tell by now, the art of writing has come a long way from putting pen to paper. With such software options, you can elevate the quality of writing like never before. Not only that, with continuous usage, you will naturally learn from the tools, and over time, your writing style will become more refined as well.
If you have already used any of these tools, let us know what your experience and recommendations are.