We are living in times where instant gratification is no more a fashion statement but a way of life. Majority of us now prefer to avail services at just a tap of our smartphone, whenever and wherever we need them and hence the name On Demand Mobile Services (i.e. demand for service generated through a mobile device and fulfilled instantly or within a time frame). Since Uber introduced this concept to the world, it’s generally known as UberforX model.
While a number of businesses (both startups and brick & mortars) are turning to mobile to build their UberforX service platforms, the fact of the matter is that almost 60-70% features in any UberforX mobile app always remain the same, irrespective of the industry.
To solve your confusions, we have broken these features as modules which any UberforX mobile app must have:-
- Registration: This module marks the first interaction of the user with your UberforX mobile app. Registration module collects some basic (but essential) information of the user like name, email id and phone number so that user can be contacted while delivering the service.
- Location tracking: The USP of any UberforX model is that demand is serviced instantly or within a set time frame. For that, the location of the user and the supply units (e.g. taxis) needs to be identified and the closest supply unit needs to be dispatched. This module is essential to match supply with demand.
- Ordering: Whether it’s booking a cab or booking a meal, the user needs to put a request into the system so that the closest supply unit can be activated and dispatched to the user to fulfill his demand for the service.
- Pricing & invoicing: Irrespective of your industry of operation, the user needs to pay money at the end of the service based on the pricing logic set in your UberforX mobile app. The pricing module helps you change the prices of the service which also acts as the base to generate invoices.
- Coupons: Any new business would need to offer incentives to the users so that they experience the service and become regular users. Different example of coupons can be a percentage off on the bill, a flat amount off, free service based on location/time of day etc.
- Payments: Payment module integrates the UberforX mobile app to payment gateways and enables different payment options like credit card, debit card, net banking, Paypal etc.
- Wallet: In order to increase the stickiness of your service, wallet feature is very much essential. Wallet enables pre payments thus providing a cashless experience to the user. And since the money is already paid, you can be assured that the user will return to avail the service.
- Reviews and feedback: After the service is availed, users might want to review and provide feedback for the supply unit which has just serviced them (e.g. a cab driver or a delivery boy). The reviews can also help the business filter out the supply units which are pulling down the service levels.
- Referrals: Word of mouth publicity is the best form of marketing and your UberforX mobile app should give users an option to invite their friends and family member to try the app. The referrals module helps in solving the purpose by integrating the app with different channels like whatsapp, sms, email etc. from where a user can send personal invitations to others for trying the app.
- Social media integration: A user may want to sign in using facebook or might be interested in “tweeting” about the amazing UberforX service she has just experienced. Social media integration module can enable the user to directly post social media updates from the UberforX mobile app.
- Transaction history: This module helps in maintaining the essential details of the service which a user has availed in a period of time.
These modules together cover almost 75% of the functionality in any UberforX mobile app. Rest 25% would be the customization which would be required in these modules to replicate your business model.
And if you think we have missed on an important module, do leave a comment below. You can check Top 6 Sales Tools to Increase Productivity of your Business