Opportune Technologies is an HR Automation Platform with more than 12 years of experience in enterprise level product creation. The company has software products for HRMS and Time & Attendance, HRO for businesses. The company has outstanding products like OPTHRMS and Cuckoo Tech.
Read the expert interview of Mr. Dhwani Mehta – Founder of Opportune Technologies:
- What inspired you to start your company?
I always wanted to be an entrepreneur. Even during the summer vacations, I used to work at my father’s office to understand the business. Coming from a business family, business is like in my blood. I always wanted to be a Job generator, rather than a job seeker.
2. The feature of ‘Gamification’ is a USP in Cuckoo Tech. Can you tell us what response did you receive from this innovative approach?
Customers were surprised. Perhaps they always wished for Gamification, but it was more of a fantasy for them. When they saw it happening in reality, they were delighted. Cuckoo Tech roll-out is encouraging. We are enhancing it even more after the initial response.
3. As the HRMS is turning more towards the use of mobile, what is your take on this?
You are right, more & more people are opening up to use HRMS on their smart devices. Though, we don’t look at mobile in isolation. SMAC [Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud] is the bigger picture, the best part of our HRMS is, it was built on the same principle 8 years ago when SMAC was formulating.
Thanks to our visionary technology head & team, we are now perfecting IOT.
4. What is your way of handling tough situations or failures?
Every failure is a seed to a new opportunity. At Opportune, we invest in planned failures, which means we do a lot of experiments and use the results to create better products. The same approach is influencing our business side as well. We use the bottlenecks or dead-ends to find out new solutions.
5. Can you mention any three software/tools that are helping your business to run smoothly?
As an automation & software company, we use numerous tools, but when it comes to running the business smoothly, we use Evernote & vTiger. I would also mention Google Analytics which helps us a lot in understanding customer needs.
6. What do you appreciate about your direct competitors?
It has been a healthy competitive space, with each competitor coming up with their own USP.
7. What are your experiences of highs and lows with Opportune?
In the beginning, it was mostly low. We had a good product, yet had to struggle. Now, I think we have hit the tipping point and the going smoothly. We are in a pretty strong position right now. Also as a strategy, when business goes low, we go high in our product development. That way, the sense of high is always there.
8. If someone wants to create an HRMS software as a fresh entrepreneur, what would you suggest him?
The market has a space for robust software & reliable service providers. Whatever is committed, kindly deliver. Till date HR automation industry has earned high regards, please stand by it.
9. What is your strategy to balance professional and personal life?
Discipline is the most important factor. My day is divided into 4 segments. Health which is linked to healthy thinking, Work, Family & Social life.
10. What is your take on the decisions made by ego?
It only backfires. The worst part of this is, we realize this when it is too late.
11. What is your take on the Intuitions? Do you make business decisions driven by intuition?
Yes, I do rely on intuition. Fortunately, it has not misfired. In reality, most of the businesses start with intuition and the need recognition. While data helps us in decision making, experience and intuition make everyone different.