The 21st century is the century of the Internet. Everything happens on the Internet these days, and business is no stranger to this space. Be it small entrepreneurs or large multinationals, everybody needs to have an online presence to take off.
While having an account on a third-party platform is a good starting point, a dedicated website where you control the content is crucial. Whether your product is aimed towards other businesses or serves end consumers, the ability to find your website through a quick search online is a big booster to your business. This pandemic has further accelerated the need for an online presence.
Looking for Website Builder Services? Check out SoftwareSuggest’s list of the best Website Builder Services solutions.
As a beginner, getting a website for your business may seem a daunting task. But with modern website builder services, this task is now almost effortless. Building a trendy and eye-catching website is an art, and you can hire web builders and developers for the same.
Let’s look at the different steps involved in creating a great website from scratch and start ranking on the top of the SERP.
Come Up with Requirements for Your Website
Before you start creating your website, you need to set your expectations. Decide on the features and services your website will provide and how those need to be displayed. Will your website be a catalog or brochure of the services you provide? Or will it be a one-stop facility that includes e-commerce functionality as well?
It will help you choose the perfect website builder services based on your needs and creative ideas. Besides, it will reduce the risk of redoing all the steps to add components you forgot halfway through the process.
Choose a Hosting Service for Your Needs
A hosting service is what makes your website available on the Internet and reachable through a browser. The web hosting company will place your website on their servers, and you will have to pay anywhere from $2 to over $100.
Based on your traffic expectations, you can choose a shared server or a dedicated server. A shared server will split computing resources among multiple websites like yours, while a dedicated server will have only your website running on it.
You might also need to tweak network bandwidth, storage space, and security features to meet your requirements. If you find this step to be a bit too technical, consider consulting website builder companies.
Pick a Catchy Domain Name
Your domain name is the nameplate for your website on the Internet. Getting this just right will help your customers remember it easily, helping drive traffic to your business.
Here are a few pointers to help come up with a domain name:
- Short and Sweet – Keep the domain name short so it is easier to remember.
- Make it snappy – A name without symbols and numbers which can connect to your business is a good one.
- Know its meaning – Make sure the name is not offensive to your consumers.
- Keep SEO in mind – Help your website be the first result by picking a domain name that search engines like.
- What’s the price – Domain names cost money, so pick one that fits your budget.
Use a CMS
Building a website from scratch by writing code is an involved and time-consuming task. A Content Management System(CMS) saves you from this burden by automating most of the work. However, it is crucial to choose a CMS that fits the needs of your website. A good CMS can be used with little to no technical knowledge while helping you achieve great results.
There are a great number of CMS offerings in the market today. WordPress is the most popular CMS works with the largest share of users and community support. But the service is plagued by security issues, thanks to its popularity. Squarespace and Wix are two more providers popular in the market. Drupal and Joomla! are great less-known alternatives to WordPress with superior security and well-rounded features.
Build an Intuitive Front-End Your Users Will Love
The user interface is equivalent to the storefront in the brick-and-mortar setting. An attractive storefront that conveys the right messages will attract better footfall to your business. Getting the front-end right is thus very important in converting visitors and window-shoppers to customers.
Check out these tips and tricks to design a visually pleasing interface:
- Colors are everything: Getting the color combinations right is half the work in designing. Picking colors that match your themes and messaging while making your service appear fresh is crucial.
- De-clutter the screen: A crammed appearance drives people away from your website. Give the right amount of spacing between components for the best result.
- Make it intuitive: The layout of your website should follow general design standards. Your ability to innovate in this standard layout will attract many eyeballs.
- Let people read: Don’t fall into the trap of fancy typography that makes content on your website illegible. Use fancy fonts and standards fonts in the proper contexts.
- Compress your graphics: Images are integral parts of any website. But make sure they don’t add unnecessary overhead onto the network, slowing your whole site down.
- eCommerce module: Designing an eCommerce component is tricky with its inventory management and payment requirements. Choosing a commercial low-cost eCommerce website design can save you time, money, and any future troubles.
Get the SEO Tricks Right
Search engine optimization is key to getting exposure for your website online. Design the content on your website while keeping in mind the SEO parameters. Use the right keywords, and build a fast, secure, and mobile-friendly website. Furthermore, include links to other places on your website to keep users on your site.
Don’t Forget the Maintenance
Your job doesn’t end at getting stuff online; the real work comes after setting everything up. Ensure to add content at regular intervals while updating the themes to make most festivals and special events. Check your CMS alternative tool to keep on top of usage trends to optimize your site and the content. Security is another area that needs constant monitoring. Keep updating your architecture to use the most up-to-date security solutions.
Build a site using popular website builder services. It will give you control over your website and provide insights to understand your business better. So, hop onto the Internet and start designing a brand new website for your business today!