In today’s uncertain business environment, governance, audit, risk, and compliance management is more relevant than ever. Though complying with regulations and standards is not always an overhead for the organization, Compliance Officers classify continuing regulatory change as their greatest challenge.
Knowing this challenge, less than three-quarters (69%) of organizations are leveraging technology to support their compliance initiatives.
To cope with the prevalent compliance issue, we have made a list of 15 open source compliance management software. The software mentioned below features role-based security, audit trail, electronic signatures, and employee training records to have full confidence in your data and processes’ integrity.
Open Source Compliance Management Software
1. ADAudit Plus
ADAudit Plus is an open-source software audit tool that carries out online Active Directory changes. ADAudit Plus records the real-time changes that further help in the timely preparation of audit reports. It further keeps track of file modification and notifies about it via mail to the reporting user.
- Satisfies SOX, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, FISMA & GLBA Compliance Requirements
- Track Logon and Logoff
- Track file creation, modification & deletion
- View & Schedule graphical reports with Email alerts
Looking for Compliance Management Software? Check out SoftwareSuggest’s list of the best Compliance Management Software solutions.
- Easy web-based access
- An Intuitive User Interface
- A separate Section for File Audit
- System glitches at times
- ADAudit Plus pricing starts at $595.00/ year
- There is a free version.
- ADAudit Plus offers a free trial
2. Momentum QMS
Momentum QMS is an open source compliance management software that exclusively features superlative risk management, audit trail, training management, complaint management, and employee training records. Momentum QMS aims to secure user data and processes. Users can use analytics and system alerts to maintain visibility of operations across the organization.
- ISO Standards Management
- Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA)
- Archiving & Retention
- Compliance Management
- A flexible and scalable software application
- User-friendly modules
- Automatic alerts on key areas for easy task completion
- Decent customer support
Momentum QMS offers a free trial. Contact Momentum Systems for updated pricing.
Gensuite is cloud-based audit software that delivers intuitive, robust, and best functionalities across diverse industries. It enables compliance and management systems excellence for businesses and helps organizations control compliance processes and management systems effectively, especially within the health and safety sector.
- Compliance calendar for systematic follow-ups
- Streamlines the tasks with the audit team
- Flexible configuration
- Data analytics & multi-language interface
- It is user friendly
- Great EHS Software with diverse functionality
- All the information is available on one platform
- It lacks to offer flexible EHS data integrations when operating as a third-party contractor
- It provides a free trial. Get in touch with the vendor to know the updated pricing
4. Black Duck Hub
Black Duck Hub is an open source compliance software that ensures security, quality, compliance audit services, and mitigates data theft risk. Black Duck helps audit all the relevant information the business needs to assess a broad range of software risks.
- Open Source and Third-Party Code Audit
- Open Source Risk Assessment
- Web Services and API Risk Audit
- Security Controls Design Analysis
- It detects open source vulnerabilities
- Excellent customer support service (both pre and post-sales)
- It provides detailed dependency information
- Upgrading Black Duck Hub is a significant undertaking
- Some of the upgrades have glitches
- Black Duck Hub pricing starts at $5000
- It offers a free trial
- Black Duck Hub does not provide a free version
SanerNow is an open source compliance and IT asset management tool. It helps gain full insight and control over the IT asset inventory of the company to make a better purchase decision.
It identifies with systems that do not meet different security requirements and allows IT administrators to fix them.
- Supports major regulatory standards like HIPAA, PCI, ISO, and NIST
- Detects non-compliant devices using a lightweight agent
- Seamlessly regulates security compliance across your network endpoints
- Creates and enforces your compliance policies in your network
- Integrates Compliance management with other cyber hygiene practices
- Compares system configurations against NIST recommendations
- Excellent user interface and dashboard
- Easy to gain visibility about your endpoint security
- Easy to deploy updates to endpoints
- It does not patch the missing details
- SanerNow provides a free trial
- Contact Vendor for updated pricing details
Eramba is an open source software audit tool perfect for organizations that appreciate open source solutions’ versatility. Eramba provides a custom API that lets companies build links between the application and products from third parties. It makes the auditing processes quicker and easier, with the ability to perform batch operations and downloads.
- Risk Management
- Compliance Management
- Incident Management
- Internal Control Testing
- Initiative features that make the job easier
- User-friendly interface
- Eramba is not the best choice for large corporations
- Get in touch with the vendor to know the latest pricing.
Qualityze is the open source software audit tool that covers the full audit lifecycle. Qualityze also provides exceptional performance, compliance, and system integration solutions built on the powerful cloud platform. The operations help organizations manage compliance and quality problems.
- Complaint Management
- Compliance Management
- Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA)
- Defect Tracking
- Amazing support team
- Customizable and excellent reporting capabilities
- Delivers the best industrial practices
- Lack of compatibility with Google Drive
- Qualityze pricing starts at 30.00/month/user.
Netwrix is an open source software audit tool that lets companies streamline the business’s internal system. It enables companies to remain at the top of cybersecurity and enhance business resilience by improving security, demonstrating compliance, and throughput of systems.
- Detects insider threats
- Inexpensive compliance audits
- Increases the productivity of operations teams
- Business can quickly detect external and insider threats by providing detailed audit reports
- It notifies about the changes that may lead to security incidents
- Netwrix is a bit finicky at times
- There is a free version. Netwrix Auditor offers a free trial.
iAuditor is an open source software audit tool that allows users to compile checklists, file reports, and perform mobile inspections. iAuditor conducts safety audits and inspections on behalf of the businesses. Users can collect various details in different file types and electronically store audit history to assess and monitor data.
- Users can conduct inspection even without an internet connection
- Users can export email reports after reviewing in various formats like PDF, CSV, DOCX, and XML
- iAuditor is iOS, Android, Windows-friendly
- iAuditor is also available in offline mode
- User can easily set up audits and can review the entered data
- It is easy to create audit checklists, and later use it in actual, physical auditing
- iAuditor allows customization of workplace audit forms and templates
- The Mobile version is a bit difficult to manipulate.
- iAuditor premium plan starts at $19/per user, per month
AssetSonar is cloud-based compliance management software that comes with a thrust of potent compliance management tools that empower IT businesses to monitor their entire IT resource system. Through monitoring, communicating, and reporting on their vital IT properties, companies can optimize their workflows.
- Compliance Tracking
- Barcode and QR Code Scanning
- Agent-based discovery
- IT Asset Life Cycle Management
- With AssetSonar, it is easier to put IT asset details into the system
- It is highly compliant and keeps user license secure in the vault
- It cuts down operational costs and time
- No cons reported yet
- AssetSonar price starts at $49.99 per month/per user
- AssetSonar does not have a free version but offers a free trial.
Qualio is open source compliance management software that automates the tedious paperwork and processes needed for quicker credential and approval by regulators. It also allows users to handle document management, training, audits, vendors, complaints quicker than conventional methods.
- Defines workflows for approval and review
- Creates records with automated numbering and effortless linking of related content
- Captures approvals with digital signature
- Automatically notifies users of approved documents
- Streamlined employee quality training and overall QMS efficiency
- Clear audit trail for signatures and approvals
- Easy to navigate and simple interface
- Vague error messages
It costs $800/month, and you can also have a free trial before you start paying.
AuditNet is an open source software audit tool that retains the online digital system for auditors to share their audit work, documents, and reports. This program provides web-based training and gives auditors training for auditing and auditing expertise in information technology.
- AuditNet notifies and alerts its users in case of unauthorized access
- iOS compatible software
- Users can access over different 2,000 audit templates
- The auditors can enjoy free access to audit news, articles, and audit template listing on mobile
- No cons listed yet
Get in touch with the vendor to know the updated pricing.
13. Conga Contracts
Conga Contracts is an open source compliance software that helps companies develop, monitor, retain, and disclose various business contracts. Conga Contracts assists users in automating numerous contract lifecycles. It also provides users with a centralized dashboard, which shows real-time personalized data and statistics.
- Fully automated process
- Increases sales velocity by quickly creating customized contracts
- Controlling output and file storage options
- Closes the loop on contract execution with flexible eSignature options
- Everything is available in a single application
- It reduces contracting cycle time
- Documents look very consistent
- It needs separate licenses for sending documents for electronic signatures
- Contracts pricing starts at $55 per user per month
We have seen the landscape of compliance management software and audit tools that remain high in demand due to the industry’s diverse compliance requirements.
We hope this blog has introduced you to some of the best compliance management software and auditing tools that will help you streamline control processes, strengthen compliance efficiency, and improve performance in the business’s inner workings.
Did we miss out on any software that you think must be a part of this list?
Do let us know in the comments below.