According to global statistics, only 30% of firms have seen 75% or more of their salespeople hit their quotas in the past year. In the previous two years, less than a third of businesses have achieved all or a majority of their sales effectiveness objectives. Nevertheless, 92.5% of companies have had to raise their revenue targets the following year.
The above statistics point out the fact that several firms struggle to improve the performance of their sales teams. However, since sales is an essential component of an organization, in spite of low target achievements, companies have to keep investing in their sales teams. Thus many companies today suffer from low salesforce efficiency and low ROI on investment.
Organizations also find it cumbersome to monitor and evaluate their salesforce’s performance, which makes improvements difficult. To add to their woes, the lack of control over their sales efforts often results in leads slipping away, lower acquisition rates, and a decrease in overall sales revenues. Such issues are frequently faced by the Pharmaceutical, and Healthcare industries.
This is why most companies today are making a move towards Salesforce Automation and Management Software for improving and monitoring the effectiveness of their sales efforts.
What is SFA software?
Sales Force Automation (SFA) software is a type of software designed to automate, monitor, and streamline several key business tasks such as Sales Activity Management, Lead Management, Sales Pipeline Management, Contact Management, Account Management, Sales Team Performance Evaluation, and Sales Forecasting, etc.
SFA software can be highly customized depending upon your business needs, and provide you actionable business insights that help you track, manage, and improve your sales efforts.
Let’s take a look at ‘SANeFORCE’, a Sales Force Automation software that has taken the healthcare industry by storm, and currently has over a million users around the globe.
Introduction to SANeFORCE
SANeFORCE SFA is an automation software designed specifically for the Pharmaceutical and Healthcare industry to help optimize their productivity, analyze sales efforts, and improve organizational oversight. This software provides pharmaceutical industries with complete oversight and control over the efforts of Medical Representatives (Med Reps) and pharma sales teams.
SANeFORCE comes with a host of features that help organizations achieve higher sales figures, increase efficiency, and gain better control. It gives you the option to track the location of your sales personnel(Med Reps), know what they are up to, and analyze their performance during a period of time. The organizational hierarchy(Admin, Manager, and Med Rep) and control can also be maintained better using this software. It also features a mobile application for GEO fencing and location tracking. SANeFORCE also provides detailed reports on business performance through a simple user-interface.
Speaking of user-interface, SANeFORCE has a very user-friendly interface that allows easy viewing, entry, and analysis of data. The homepage features an insightful dashboard that represents the sales activities and milestones achieved by Med Reps. There are four other modules, namely, Information, Activities, MIS Reports, and Options that contain numerous functionalities to help organizations track and manage their salesforce.
Key Functions of SANeFORCE
The software is designed for three perspectives – Medical Reps, Manager, and Admin, which makes it convenient for the entire team. Let’s have a look at the Med Rep version of the software first.
- Call Average: This graphical representation helps Med Reps and their managers keep track of the average doctors visited during a month.
- Coverage: Coverage refers to the portion of the sales target achieved by a Med Rep in a month.
- Repeated Call Details: This represents the number of repeat clinical visits made by a Med Rep in a month. It contains the number of new doctors met and the number of doctors seen.
- Missed Call and Percentage: This graph represents the number of calls missed by an agent and its percentage
- Joint Work Details: This refers to the amount of work done for a particular location and the metrics like call average, doctors met and seen, coverage, etc. that allow the measurement of effectiveness.
- Call Details: This shows the details of all doctors met (newly acquired) and seen (previously acquired) along with the number of days worked for every Med Rep.
- Product Vs Promotion: You can also view the number of listed doctors tagged for a pharma product and the doctors who promoted a product.
SANeFORCE for field force has three major drop downs which contain lots of functions:
- MIS reports
This drop-down enables the field force to find all the information like:
- Product Details: From the name to the unit price. It would be very convenient for a new joint to find out the product that he is going to promote.
- Territory: Every field force has a fixed territory to work within. He can add or edit the territory details from this option.
- Details of target: Every field force has various tasks to visit doctors, chemists, and hospitals each day. He can find out the list of doctors, chemists or hospitals, and make necessary edits as well.
- SFC view: Field force can find out his work distance details, and allowance details.
To Sum Up: This drop-down will give existing details to the field force, which would be really helpful from a fresher’s perspective as he would be knowing fewer details about the products and targets.
Activities will provide following features to an MR:
- Territory: Field force can find out Territory/Patch wise Listed Dr.
- Monthly Tour plan: The field force can make an entry of his daily work and send it to the manager for approval.
- DCR: DCR stands for Daily Call Report which becomes a necessary function in pharmaceutical business. Here an MR can submit his daily call details to the manager which is a part of his work. Have a look:
As an MR, you have to perform various tasks like field work, camp work, doctor visits, doctor survey, administration work etc. All these can be easily added from this menu. The manager can have a close look at each sales guy’s work with these reports.
- Expense Statement will be generated based on the Daily Call Report, allowance and distance, which is fixed from the admin panel.
- Secondary sales will be entered based on the Stock & Sale Statement which is collected from Stockist. This screen can be modified as per your requirement.
MIS reports have a vast range of importance in every business, and it covers a wide genre of people starting from sales reps to the manager. In SANeFORCE, various reports can be seen from this dropdown. Here, a sales rep can find doctor details and actual reports on his performance based on the specialty of the doctor. So, an MR can find his areas of excellence and areas of improvement. It gives a pie chart generated based on your performance.
Another interesting feature here is the DCR analysis. The call entries that a sales guy has fed, can be seen in form of a well-managed report. These kinds of reports give you the exact number of your performance in each section. These numbers can be really helpful for future goals for the employees, and performance management for the manager.
Other important features like missed calls reports, campaign details, call average views, etc. are covered in this drop down.
Let’s see another side of SANeFORCE – Manager Module
As we can see, the manager module is about approvals. As a manager, you will be leading many MRs, and that’s all this module is about.
- Tour Plan: You can decide and approve your trainee’s tour plans.
- Expenses: You can approve claimed reimbursements by your MRs.
- Listed Doctors Addition: You can add doctors in the list of “Listed Doctors” provided by your sales reps.
- Listed Doctors Deactivation: You can remove doctors from the list of “Listed Doctors”.
- Add Against Deactivated Approvals: You can simply replace the doctor information.
- Leaves: You can approve leaves of the employees that are under your tree.
- Secondary Sales: Here the manager can find the pending approvals of secondary sales.
There’s a separate provision for administrators in SANeFORCE. The admin panel lets you perform following things:
- Allot division and designation to employees.
- Provide rights and access to respected employees.
- Check entire field force list, and find the current status of each employee.
- Check Call Average of MRs.
- Check daily call report of each MR.
- Checklist of field force territory wise.
- Handle expenses of the field force.
- Check Product wise business of doctors.
- Enter and edit sample dispatch information
- Set targets for each employee product wise.
- Check Manager – HQ coverage.
- Check tour plan of both – base level and manager level.
- Create secondary sales analysis.
SANeFORCE mobile app provides a lot of services to the field force. As sales guys have on field jobs, they need a mobile app to exchange data or upload their work details. Here are some of the features of the mobile app:
- Submitting call reports.
- Submitting day plan and activity details to the manager.
- Adding doctors, chemist or hospitals.
- Internal communication with MRs and manager.
- GPS tracking and GEO tagging.
- Internal email
- RCPA Entry
Here are some screenshots of the app:
Field Force has a daily task of explaining various products to doctors. Back then, MRs used to use hard papers to explain the products, and that is very inconvenient, and papers have a short-term life, so they have to make a new copy almost every day. With the eDetailing app of SANeFORCE, field force can show various products to the doctors, as many times as they want. Here’s how it works:
- MRs can download the eDetailing application from SANeFORCE from their tablet devices.
- After the initial verification process, they can find all the listed products in the app itself.
- An MR can choose the products to “My Briefcase” for his convenience.
- The MR just have to select a doctor and all the historical information shows up.
- Now, the sales rep can give a short demo with all the details of the product to the doctor. He can deliver content, videos, audio, and images to the doctor for a better presentation.
- After the completion of the demo, MR can take feedbacks from the doctor as well.
Apart from delivering demos, the app will also help MRs to figure out their Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Hence, the eDetailing app is not just about delivering presentations, but it is also designed for the performance improvement of sales reps and managers.
Here are some modules which are necessary for any pharma company, and with the SANeFORCE, they can utilize in a better way:
- Expense Statement
- Target and Secondary Sales
- Data Security and Access
- Daily Call Report
- Tour Plan
- Master Data
- Screen Access
- eLearning (Online Quiz)
- Mobile App
SANeFORCE SFA contains a ton of features to help pharma and healthcare industries track, monitor, and improve their salesforce performance. Well-detailed, easy to use, and thoughtfully created, this software can help automate and improve several processes in an organization. The company has over two decades of experience in serving global clients and houses a robust customer service team to help you with any challenges. Moreover, this software has been used by companies with 45,000+ employees and has produced exceptional results.
Thus, if you are looking for a specialized software package to automate and streamline your sales efforts in the healthcare industry, one that comes with a proven track record of success, look no further than SANeFORCE.