Whether you are a freelancer, or a brick and mortar retailer, or has an e-commerce store, you need to earn for your business. The first step to getting paid is generating an invoice.
While many would still create an invoice manually, however, more and more companies are shifting to electronic invoicing for many reasons. Primarily being, processing time and associated costs to it are streamlined compared to paper invoices.
Get Free Demo: Best Billing Software in 2019
That’s where invoice software comes into the picture. Your invoice requires having all the necessary information and the right calculation so that you don’t face any difficulty down the road. After all, these invoices are needed to file taxes, and so accuracy can’t be ignored.
Invoice speaks a lot about one’s business. Before listing out the top seven simple invoice software, let’s have a look at why you should consider using one.
Benefits of Using Simple Invoice Software
Automation is the most significant advantage of using invoice software. Using the software, you can easily set-up recurring payments or establish a subscription-based business model.
It saves you the frustration of chasing down payments as the system sends follow-ups and payment reminders for upcoming and past-due invoices.
2. Creates Brand Identity
A professional, straight-forward looking invoice is crucial for your company. It can reinforce your brand’s identity.
Using the simple invoice solution, you can add your logo, fonts, and color scheme that matches your brand feel and look. Besides, when you build your brand identity, it increases the chances of getting paid on-time.
3. Fast and Simple
Each time you want to create an invoice for the same client, it can become repetitive work. You are filling up the address, invoice number, and itemized list of or products or services you provided.
However, with online invoicing software, all your clients’ information is saved in the cloud. You just have to log into your account and select the client you want to invoice. Thus, it speeds up the entire payment process. Plus, these software are user-friendly.
List of Seven Easy Invoice Software
Invoicely is a cloud-based invoice software, specially designed for small businesses and freelancers. What sets it apart is that even on its free plan, Invoicely lets you send unlimited invoices to unlimited customers. Thus, it’s the best solution for companies who are just starting.
Furthermore, it keeps track of all your finances with dynamically generated reports, monthly and yearly statements, accounts receivable and payable, and income and expenditure summaries.
- It is quite easy to use and has a user-friendly interface
- Supports multiple currencies and generates a professional-looking invoice
- Enables your clients to pay directly on your invoice
- Free Plan
- Basic Plan: $9.99 per month
- Professional Plan: $19.99 per month
- Enterprise Plan: $29.99 per month
FreshBooks is well-known for its easy-to-use and straightforward interface. This easy invoice software lets you customize the invoice and create a professional-looking invoice for your business. You can add a logo, color scheme, and fonts to match your brand identity.
Besides, it comes with time and expense tracking feature so that you get billed for what you are worth. What’s more, it automatically applies a late fee when your invoice becomes overdue. It works as an incentive for your client to pay you quickly to avoid the late fine.
- Has a highly responsive and active customer support team
- Supports multiple currencies and accepts credit cards on your invoices
- Easily offers discounts and calculates the tax automatically
- Lite: $15 per month
- Plus: $25 per month
- $50 per month
3. Zoho Invoice
Zoho Invoice is a simple invoice software that offers a robust set of features. For starters, it comes with a collection of pre-designed templates for your invoices, which can be customized as per your business needs.
It is not only easy to set up but also offers a user-friendly interface. This easy invoice software can expand as your business grows. Its free plan is a perfect solution for businesses with five customers.
- Seamlessly integrates with hundreds of Zoho’s other apps
- Has a mobile app to let you create invoice on-the-go
- Tracks and records all your expenses
- Free Plan
- Basic: $9 per organization/month
- Standard: $19 per organization/month
- Professional: $29 per organization/month
Invoicera is a perfect solution to creating effortless invoicing for a simple and professional-looking invoice. The software is easy-to-use and comes with an intuitive interface. The most enticing thing about it is that you can customize the invoice templates as per your needs. Add your business logos and edit the color and fonts to give your branding look.
Not only that, you can create and send to various customers all over the world in their local language as well as currency. It ultimately helps in boosting business relationships.
- Supports multiple payment gateways
- Can create an invoice using the Invoicera mobile app
- The cloud-based system lets you access it from anywhere using any device
- Starter: Free
- Pro: ₹2499 per year
- Business: ₹9999 per year
- Infinite: ₹19999 per year
InvoiceBerry is a simple invoice software that is designed specifically for small businesses, freelancers, and sole traders. It helps companies to streamline their invoice activity, such as tracking time and expense.
In fact, the software also sends out reminder emails to your clients to avoid late payment. InvoiceBerry lets you create and send invoices to your clients in just a click. Other than that, it can generate a report on tax, revenue, and expenses. And, it has high-grade security and backups.
- Lets you schedule automatic invoices for your regular and repeat customers
- Enables customization of your invoices to add your brand look and feel
- Supports more than 200 currencies
- Solo: $15 per month
- Pro: $30 per month
KashFlow is an accounting software, which includes a simple yet powerful invoicing feature. It lets you turn your quotes to invoices in just one click. Moreover, it sends out automatic alerts to your clients to avoid late payment.
This simple invoice software can be customized fully — add your business logo, color scheme, and fonts to give a personal touch. Besides, it is cloud-based so that you can access the system from anywhere.
- Has a mobile app for invoice creation, available on both Apple and Google App store
- Offers 24/7 customer support for any technical assistance
- Can automatically send recurring invoices and replicate your last invoice
- Starter: £8 per month + VAT
- Business: £15 per month + VAT
Invoice Ninja is an open-source invoice software that helps you get paid for your products and services effortlessly. Using Invoice Ninja, you can create a professional-looking invoice in just a click. Furthermore, it even lets you customize the look and feel of the invoice to add your brand identity to it.
What’s more, it supports 40+ payment getaways such as Stripe, PayPal, WePay, Authorize.net, and more. Your client can directly pay you online using any of the payment methods.
- Has an easy and intuitive interface
- You can schedule and automatically send out the recurring bill
- Its time tracking functionality ensures that all your work and services provided are invoiced accurately
- Free Plan
- Ninja Pro Plan: $8 per month
- Enterprise Plan: $12 per month
So that was our complete list of seven easy invoice software. The best invoice software will streamline your invoicing process and help you get paid faster by allowing clients or customers to pay online.
In short, it will save you effort and time and help your business grow faster.