Xmplar is an IT firm that helps deliver specialized IT solutions in Project Management, Human Resource Management, Strategic Planning, and other fields. It has catered to the needs of organizations ranging from governmental agencies to private corporate firms. Here’s how Xmplar made it so far since 2013, in the words of its founder, Mr. Rajumohan R.
In conversation with Mr. Rajumohan, Founder of Xmplar,
1. Walk us through the inception of Xmplar.
Xmplar is a premier, fast growing Information Technology firm established in 2013 and headquartered in Bengaluru. Over the last 5 years, we have established our credibility in executing large and complex solutions for premium customers. We launched our cloud-based products in HR & Talent Assessment and they have been adopted by many customers to achieve an effective control of their recruitment process and to ensure that the right candidate is being hired
2. The IT market has expanded substantially over the last 10 to 15 years. When was your first entry into the market and how you have been able to carve out a successful niche through Xmplar?
We help in transforming the way you do business with the help of IT. We believe that business goals should always drive a solution for any organization. Therefore, we consider technology as a tool and an enabler to achieve your business goals. Our approach is to align your business goals and IT goals by providing sustainable solutions to our clients. This has helped to differentiate us from others, to win over our customers and retain them.
3. Tell us how these two Xmplar products Ziptiger Assess and Ziptiger Recruit are different from their competitors?
Ziptiger recruit is an evidence-based online hiring solution. It helps corporate HR managers to have an effective control over the recruitment process. It gives complete visibility on each stage of evaluation and provides the report to analyze the hit ratio. The embedded online talent assessment tool (with a large question bank of over 15K questions across various categories) significantly reduces the task of recruiters and helps them in efficiently handling the assessment process.
ZipTiger Assess streamlines resource assessment hurdles with time-saving tools that help you get straight to what matters most – better insights and perfect judgments.
ZipTiger Assess is a platform which the educational institutes can offer to their students in getting them “INTERVIEW READY” thus increasing the probability of placement and better branding.
ZipTiger Assess is a tool which the students can subscribe, to assess their skills/knowledge level in various categories (Technical/Non-Technical). It equips them to face the placement tests/interviews effectively.
4. What are some decisions you made during that initial period that you would stand by even today?
Venturing into providing multiple small cloud-based solutions which could address the day to day pains of the customers rather than only focusing on large applications. As our revenue generation model is on a subscription basis, we make it light on our customers. However, it is a challenge for any smaller organization to sustain the initial period. If you have the passion to get through this rough initial period with a product that offers relevant features, success will follow.
5. What do you expect to see over the next 5-10 years in the industry?
Most software solutions required to run a business will be on the cloud. Large solutions will be fragmented and offered as modularized solutions with provision for seamless data exchange. We could see greater adoption of AI and ML. These would become an integral part of the solutions offered.
6. How would you describe your approach to leadership and management?
One key leadership quality is to ensure that the whole team understands the vision of the company and works as a team to achieve its goal. There must be purpose linked to the pay cheque and it’s the responsibility of the leader to ensure that its well understood by the team.
7. Something your company does better than its competitors- the secret ingredient behind the success of Xmplar.
Our approach is to align customers’ business and IT goals and provide solutions which meet the client’s exact need. We understand the needs of the customer and are flexible in our approach to provide long and sustainable solutions to our clients.
8. Which are the software Xmplar uses to streamline its business processes?
We use our own ERP product (CREST) to streamline our business processes. It covers Procurement, Sales, Finance, Asset Management, HR and Employee Self Service. For streamlining our recruiting process, we use ZIPTIGER Recruit and once the candidates are offered, the records are moved to CREST ERP.
9. What are your experiences with highs and lows at Xmplar?
Highs: Getting accolades from the customer on our work and the benefits which they derived from our solution.
Lows: Some product ideas that failed to work out. But those lows enabled us to understand the gaps in our process, helping us to come out stronger and smarter.
10. Finally, what are some words of wisdom that you, an industry expert at this point, would give to an entrepreneur who is just starting out?
To a young entrepreneur, these are the suggestions I’d give, based on personal experience:
- Figure out whether your idea is a good one by putting your own quality time into it
- Research and understand the business & industry as well as you can, and then some more. Be passionate about your solution/product
- Getting your first right customer is always a challenge. A willingness to outwork and outlearn will get you there.
- Work hard to continuously innovate and keep working to improve your solution and business